Development Site at All Saints Road, Bradford, BD7 3AY
Guide Price* : £950,000
Upon Instructions of
- Freehold development site
- About 3.04 acres (1.23 hectares)
- Current planning permission for 580 student bedrooms & lapsed consent for 1,084 bedrooms
- Pre-planning application submitted for alternative uses including residential
- Vacant possession
- Upon the instructions of the Receiver, Andrew Pear of BM Advisory
A predominantly level and irregular shaped site totalling about 3.04 acres (1.23 hectares). The site is currently largely covered by shrubs and trees and has vehicular access directly from All Saints Road close to its junction with Dirkhill Road.
Bradford has a large student population as a result of being home to the University of Bradford and Bradford College. The University is a leading institution in the green movement, with its ecoversity programme assessing sustainable issues throughout the University. This has led to the creation of The Green, a sustainable student village which is part of a £70m modernisation plan.
Summary: The site is located at the junction of All Saints Road and Dirkhill Road to the south west of the city centre in a mixed residential and commercial area. It lies directly to the west of the University Student Living Bradford Halls of Residence.
Miles: Leeds 11 miles, Halifax 6 miles
Rail: Bradford Interchange, Bradford Forster Square
Air: Leeds Bradford Airport 9 miles
1. Planning permission has been granted (subject to a Section 106 Agreement) for the development of four student accommodation blocks, each providing between 110 and 170 bedrooms creating 580 ensuite rooms plus sports facilities (planning reference 07/06379/FUL). This consent was subsequently varied to enable a new internal layout to be approved utilising the same approved footprint and external envelope (reference 09/03603/VOC).
2. Bradford Council has provided a letter stating that the pre-commencement conditions attached to the varied consent have subsequently been discharged and the planning permission lawfully implemented.
3. A previous planning consent for the development of 1,084 student bedrooms has now lapsed.
4. A pre-application enquiry has been submitted to Bradford Council proposing the redevelopment of the site for student accommodation, residential (including private residential for rent) and mixed use development. Discussions are ongoing but the initial response has been positive. Prospective purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries.
Bradford Metropolitan District Council (01274 434605) www,bradford.gov.uk
In order to bid you will be required to provide proof of identification, proof of address and source of funds before being authorised to bid.
We will also require a solicitor's undertaking for the full 10% deposit plus the auctioneer's administration fee of £990 (inclusive of VAT). Please see our Online Bidding and Registration Guide for further information.
Registration for bidding will close at 5:00pm on Thursday 5 April 2018, after which we cannot guarantee that authorisation to bid in the auction will be granted.
A Glossary of some common auction terms and an explanation around them to assist you with your purchase can be found here.
Refer to the legal documentation
Energy Performance Certificate
No EPC required
020 7203 5288
0191 338 8326
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
Administration Fee The successful purchaser will be required to pay the auctioneers administration fee of £990 inclusive of VAT on purchases of £20,000 and above and £240 inclusive of VAT for purchases below £20,000. Other additional costs/fees may apply - Click here.
Sold for £1,100,000
This auction lot is now closed.
Connecting to server...
The successful purchaser will be required to pay the auctioneers administration fee of £990 inclusive of VAT on purchases of £20,000 and above and £240 inclusive of VAT for purchases below £20,000. Other additional costs/fees may apply - Click here.
Subject to Contract and Exclusive of VAT © Lambert Smith Hampton December 2019
Disclaimer: Lambert Smith Hampton Group Limited and its subsidiaries, including 574, and their joint agents if any ("LSH") for themselves and for the seller or landlord of the property whose agents they are give notice that: (i) These particulars are given and any statement about the property is made without responsibility on the part of LSH or the seller or landlord and do not constitute the whole or any part of an offer or contract. (ii) Any description, dimension, distance or area given or any reference made to condition, working order or availability of services or facilities, fixtures or fittings, any guarantee or warrantee or statutory or any other permission, approval or reference to suitability for use or occupation, photograph, plan, drawing, aspect or financial or investment information or tenancy and title details or any other information set out in these particulars or otherwise provided shall not be relied on as statements or representations of fact or at all and any prospective buyer or tenant must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of all information or suitability of the property. (iii) No employee of LSH has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty arising from these particulars or otherwise or enter into any contract whatsoever in relation to the property in respect of any prospective purchase or letting including in respect of any re-sale potential or value or at all. (iv) Price or rent may be subject to VAT and any prospective buyer or tenant must satisfy themselves concerning the correct VAT position. (v) Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of LSH or its employees or agents, LSH will not be liable, whether in negligence or otherwise howsoever, for any loss arising from the use of these particulars or any information provided in respect of the property save to the extent that any statement or information has been made or given fraudulently by LSH. (vi) In the case of new development or refurbishment prospective buyers or tenants should not rely on any artists’ impressions or architects’ drawings or specification or scope of works or amenities, infrastructure or services or information concerning views, character or appearance and timing concerning availability or occupation and prospective buyers or tenants must take legal advice to ensure that any expectations they may have are provided for direct with the seller or landlord and LSH shall have no liability whatsoever concerning any variation or discrepancy in connection with such matters.