Former Pumping Station, Leek New Road, Stockton Brook, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST9 9NU
Guide Price* : £400,000
- Freehold former pumping station providing approximately 4,850 sq ft (450 sq m) of accommodation
- Development potential (subject to planning)
- Substantial site of circa 3.36 acres (1.36 hectares)
- Potential for a variety of uses
- Offered with vacant possession
A substantial former pumping station with a building footprint of about 4,845 sq ft (450 sq m) sitting within a semi rural and partly wooded site in a canal side location. The building is arranged in three sections; two sections provide double height accommodation allowing for additional floor area to be added through the installation of upper floors.
Some restoration works have already been undertaken, particularly to the central hall which has has undergone renovations to the roof, rebuilding of the parapet wall and replacement of all archways. Additionally, new feature bricks have been commissioned.
All mains utility services are available to the property.
The site area totals about 3.36 acres (1.36 hectares).
The property is located to the north of Stockton Brook, a rural village approximately 5 miles (8.1 km) to the north east of Stoke-on-Trent, and 6 miles (9.7 km) south west of Leek and the Peak District National Park. The town benefits from close proximity to the A53, an arterial route providing access to Stoke-on-Trent and the M6 motorway to the south.
The property is accessed via a private road from New Leek Road and is adjacent to the Caldon Canal (a branch of the Trent and Mersey Canal)
Staffordshire Moorlands District Council (0345 605 3010) www.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk. The building and site offer development potential for a variety of different uses. Prospective purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries in this regard.
The property is currently vacant
Refer to the legal documentation
Energy Performance Certificate
No EPC required.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
Administration Fee The successful purchaser will be required to pay the auctioneers administration fee of £990 inclusive of VAT on purchases of £20,000 and above and £240 inclusive of VAT for purchases below £20,000. Other additional costs/fees may apply - Click here.
This auction lot is now closed.
Connecting to server...
The successful purchaser will be required to pay the auctioneers administration fee of £990 inclusive of VAT on purchases of £20,000 and above and £240 inclusive of VAT for purchases below £20,000. Other additional costs/fees may apply - Click here.