26 North End, Longhoughton, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 3AG
Guide Price* : £200,000
- Freehold site with residential redevelopment potential (subject to planning)
- Prominent town centre position within an established residential location
- Site area of approximately 0.52 acres (0.21 hectares)
- Vacant former convenience store and retail unit let as a hairdressing salon on flexible terms with the benefit of an RPI index linked rent review in 2019
The subject property comprises a vacant former convenience store and retail unit currently let and operated as a hairdressing salon on flexible lease terms. The site extends to approximately 0.52 acres (0.21 hectares) and provides existing built accommodation with hard surfaced car parking provision and associated landscaped areas, with an approximate site cover ratio of 20%.
The Valuation Office Agency lists the following floor areas for the subject property:
Former Spar Convenience Store: 3,648 sq ft (338.9 sq m)
Hairdressing Salon: 647 sq ft (60.1 sq m)
TOTAL: 4,295 sq ft (399 sq m)
The hairdressing salon is currently let to a private individual for a term of 10 years from 1st April 2014, subject to mutual breaks on 1st April 2020 and 2023 upon 6 months written notice. The current rent payable is £5,000 per annum, subject to an RPI Index linked rent review on 1st April 2019.
The site is located in Longhoughton, approximately 31 miles (50 km) north of Newcastle upon Tyne and within the Northumberland Coast AONB.
Set within a predominantly rural location, situated approximately 4 miles (6.5 km) north east of Alnwick, the town provides residential and retailing provision for the nearby Royal Airforce station at RAF Boulmer.
The site is situated on North End, which provides the arterial means of access to and from the town. Accessed from Lacey Street, the site benefits from a prominent central position and road frontage to the western and southern boundaries. The surrounding area is predominantly residential.
Northumberland County Council (0345 600 6400) www.northumberland.gov.uk.
The building and site offer development potential for a variety of different uses. Prospective purchasers are advised to make their own enquiries in this regard.
Energy Performance Certificate
A copy of the EPC is enclosed.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
Administration Fee The successful purchaser will be required to pay the auctioneers administration fee of £990 inclusive of VAT on purchases of £20,000 and above and £240 inclusive of VAT for purchases below £20,000. Other additional costs/fees may apply - Click here.
This auction lot is now closed.
Connecting to server...
The successful purchaser will be required to pay the auctioneers administration fee of £990 inclusive of VAT on purchases of £20,000 and above and £240 inclusive of VAT for purchases below £20,000. Other additional costs/fees may apply - Click here.